Many small businesses are now taking advantage of rewards apps as a modern day version of the loyalty card. Customers earn rewards for return visits and repeated purchases, but don't pigeonhole this technology as only a virtual punch card. Think about other ways your business can benefit from this mobile tool.
1. Market research. By utilizing a rewards app that gives incentives to your customers, you get a unique look into your customers' behavior. Collect the data from your customers and discover what products or services they are interested in, what promotions are working, and how often they are willing to make a purchase from you. This information is extremely valuable to know.
2. Referrals. Give rewards to your current clients based on the number of referrals they provide or the number of times referred customers use your service or purchase a product.
3. Random rewards. Consider allowing randomly selected app users to receive an additional reward for using the app. Market this reward! The random reward could be given out daily or weekly - whatever works best for your business.
4. Email. Some rewards apps integrate an email platform into the app allowing you email customers from the app software instead of a paying for a different service.
5. Integration with social networks. You can use your rewards app to incentivize users to connect with you on social media sites. Then, your customers can share the deals and rewards they are receiving via Facebook and Twitter (from within the app) - helping to promote your business within their group of contacts.
6. Customer surveys. If there is any customer research you would like to do in addition to the information you are collecting by way of your customers using the app, you can also survey them. Reward customers that complete the survey.
7. Location based notifications. Customers within a small radius of your location can be sent messages via the app about specials they can take advantage of instantly. This is a great way to get customers into your location even if you weren't in their plans for the day.
There are many loyalty rewards app platforms available for small business to take advantage of. Not all of the features above are available on all platforms. If your company would like information on any of the specific features in the list or general information on rewards apps, please contact us at BuddinghAssociates.com. You can also find out more by reading our article, "Rewards Apps - A Punch Card for 2015"