In our article, "Creating Customer Engagement" we write, "If you haven't done so already, create a brand presence on the major social media sites. Place links to those pages on your company's website so your customers can easily follow you. Encourage engagement by posting really good, thoughtful questions." Wondering what types of questions those might be? Below are six examples of questions that will get your customers and prospects engaging with your brand. In addition to the benefits of customer engagement, the answers to these questions will provide valuable insights about your business.
1. New Features. Pose questions to your followers about what new features they are using or which they would like to see. Ask them to think big about what features could be added to really make their jobs / life easier.
2. Challenges. Ask your audience what types of challenges they are facing on the job or in the industry in general.
3. Question about a photo. Social media sites such as Facebook are very visual and often times an image will solicit more comments than a post that is simply text. Post a picture and ask a question about it. Videos work well for this as well. For additional information on creating video content, read our article, "Video For Content Marketing".
4. Feedback. Ask for feedback about why customers like your product. Find out why they chose it and why they use it.
5. Interests. Find out what interests your customers share. Ask about podcasts they regularly listen to or YouTube channels they follow. Learning about what your clients are reading or watching will provide key insights.
6. Goals. Find out what goals your followers have for the upcoming year. This question may provide you with some excellent sales leads as well.
While connecting with customers is great on social media due to the opportunity for your success to go viral, customer engagement shouldn't just be about social media. If your company would like additional strategies and channels to use to connect with customers and prospects, please contact us at BuddinghAssociates.com.