Since Google is the most utilized search engine, most businesses optimize their website for Google rankings. This is referred to as Search Engine Optimization or SEO.
One step you can take to keep your search rankings healthy is to consistently update the content on your site. Fresh, high quality content will put you in a better position to rank well online in the keyword searches you are targeting.
The following are five ways to update your current site:
1. Update headlines and titles where appropriate. Think about what will catch visitor's attention as well as what keywords are important.
2. Remove duplicate content.
3. Add any new information about your product or service. Make sure your website has the most up-to-date information available on it.
4. Add a blog to your site if you don't have one already. If you do have a blog - use it!
5. Create a page for specials and promotions and update each time you make a change.
If making any of these updates is difficult on your current site because you rely on an outside source to make changes, consider switching your site to a Content Management System (CMS) based website. A CMS based site give you the power to make simple changes using internet based software that is an easy to use as Microsoft Word. For more information on CMS based websites, please read our article "Website Updates by Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime" and contact us atwww.BuddinghAssociates.com.
If you would like additional information on search engine optimization, please contact us at www.BuddinghAssociates.comand read our article "How to Improve Your Search Engine Optimization (SEO)."