1. Your articles stand out in search results. Once you have successfully set up your Google Authorship markup, your picture will appear next to your content making it stand out and appear more credible. If your content is well received online, widely read and routinely getting shared and +1’ed on Google Plus, Google’s algorithms recognize yours as quality material that’s trusted by readers. That trust can drive people to your business on its own.
2. It can also help Google drive people to your business. Your authorship profile can establish you as a relevant figure in your field, and Google is always working to return the most relevant results. When readers view you as an authority Google’s algorithms are then more likely to view your content and website as an authority and return it more searches. This means that Google Authorship will help drive organic traffic to your site because Google likes to reward those sites that work with their various search engine optimization tools.
3. Protect author's work. Businesses have been blogging for many years to help share information with customers and industry members across the web. These writers have lacked a way to protect what they have written from spammers or from people who copy the writings and share them as their own work. Google Authorship aims to help protect against this from happening.
4. Simple to set up. Google Authorship is available to anyone with a Google Plus profile who writes content for a website. You will need to verify that you have an email address on the same domain as your content. You can set it up here: plus.google.com/authorship
5. Better branding. Google Authorship gives your small business an additional way to brand your company and stand out from your competitors who are not utilizing the tool. Make sure the content you create is true to your brand.
With Google Authorship, your small business can improve your standing in search results so start taking advantage of this useful tool today!
If you would like assistance in setting up your Google Authorship, please contact us at www.BuddinghAssociates.com and read our article "Writing Your Own Success Story."